Monday, December 04, 2006

Buster Olney at ESPN.com, who is an excellent baseball writer, has published a column stating that he thinks Tony Gwynn ought to be elected to the Hall of Fame. Thanks for stepping out on a limb, Buster. As a Ripken fan, what do you think his chances are? Do you think he'll make it? I'm going to roll the dice and suggest that Roger Clemens will be elected first-ballot as well, if he ever retires.

Thirty pages of writing to do this week, on a paper that has been giving me fits. I think people who are not subject to the whims of institutes of higher learning enjoy Christmas more than people like me. My Christmas looks like this: overnight flight to NC, Day and a half with K's family, Day with my family, flight back to CA. That's not a holiday. That's a punishment. This will absolutely be the last time I move to CA to work on my Master's.

Every couple I know is now officially pregnant, or has pulled the goalie. For those who are anxious about such issues, the "Arranging your lamp" household has left its goalie in the game, and is counting on him to do what he is paid to do. Big Country and his wife make me happy. I've not been this excited about a pair of parents and the kid who gets to be raised by them.

Oh yeah, let me say this for the record: I do not think Borat is funny.

2 comments:

BC said...

There's no justice in the HOF since Will Clark will never get there. I bet the Ripkens are on pins and needles. I bet Cal is holding up on writing the old acceptance speech until he hears fo' sho'.
I get to drive to Mississippi to split time between nutty ass in-laws and my own nutty ass mother. It'll be a week of craziness because of our little tadpole friend. Tadpole. Beansprout. It has a lot of nicknames. I read to it sometimes---we're going to work through Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance over the next six months. THEN it gets The Odyssey, I think. Maybe Dr. Doolittle. I tried that one with Ezra. He hated it.
Lisa Fischbeck now knows. The church will know Sunday. E's boss will know this week sometime. Agh.
Dude. This time of year BLOWS. I am sitting in a little room on the 3rd floor of Davis trying to characterize the relationship between the sociology of science and science education. And then I get to distill it down to a ppt.
Bleh.

Miss K said...

I'm sorry to hear that your Christmas break will be so short. Long vacations are supposed to be one of the perks of being in school!