Friday, June 01, 2007


Dear ESPN,

Please stop labelling as "top plays" or "web gems" plays in which an outfielder playing in the HHH Metrodome reaches over the wall to bring back a would-be homer. Torii Hunter is a great center fielder, but the left and center field wall in the Homerdome is seven feet high. Torii is 6'2". Yours truly, a profoundly non-athletic 6'0" beanpole, could "rob someone of a home run" in the Homerdome without leaving my feet. My considerable 12" or so vertical leap would allow me to haul in a ball that would have cleared the wall by nearly two feet. If I could do it, it's not a top play. Thanks,

SJL

1 comment:

BC said...

But do you have the nerve to take on the plastic walls?
That's the sign of a top play, my friend...the kamikaze mentality necessary to slam into garbage bags.