Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Mess with Texas- get needled

This from POTUS (and the Washington Post):
I am surprised, frankly, at the amount of distrust that exists in this town, and I'm sorry it's the case, and I'll work hard to try to elevate it. So the idea that somehow I was trying to needle the Democrats, it's just -- gosh, it's probably Texas. Who knows what it is? But I'm not that good at pronouncing words anyway.
Life in thesis land is what I thought it was. A whole lot of writing that eventually loses its luster, because it becomes a series of hoops to jump through. I'm proud of the ideas in my thesis, but am growing weary of sucking the life out of them through academic writing. I'll be happy to get this done, because my classes this semester look pretty good.

K and I booked a Spring Break trip to Seattle and Vancouver, fulfilling a goal we had when we moved out here (to do some West Coast travel while it was easier to do). Stay tuned, as the "Arranging your lamp..." household may also visit England this spring/summer. I have not been to England, despite holding a degree in English literature and closing in on a theology degree from an Episcopal school.

I think that the SEIU (which has 3 Bay Area locals- everything is unionized in CA) is having a little too much fun deciding who to endorse for the nomination. Each candidate has to spend a day working with an SEIU member after spending a day interviewing with union leaders. The term "self-important" comes to mind. Mark Cuban worked in a Dairy Queen for a day, which was funny. Any of the presidential candidates donning a jumpsuit with their name on it and spending a day cleaning a building, or wearing scrubs and working as a Nurse Assistant, well that's just hilarious.

Julian Wright is an excellent basketball player on a team that I like a lot, but this is funny:

1 comment:

BC said...

1. Do you want a waaaambulance to carry you to the end of that thesis?

2. Your youtube clip is better than mine.

3. Your spring break will be better than mine. (I'll be putting down linoleum flooring and putting together baby furniture.)

4. I'm sending you #4 via email, sir.