Thursday, June 01, 2006

The American League All-Star Team, if voting stopped yesterday:
C- Jason Varitek - BOS
1B- David Ortiz - BOS
2b- Robinson Cano - NYY
3B- Alex Rodriguez - NYY
SS- Derek Jeter - NYY
OF- Manny Ramirez - BOS
OF- Vladimir Guerrero - LAA
OF- Johnny Damon - NYY

I can't decide if I should just not bother watching the game, or if I should root for the National League. No Tigers, no White Sox (both teams have better records than NY and BOS, and one of those teams also happens to be the World Series Champion). This roster omits the top two hitters in the AL, as well as the HR leader. At least we'll have Big Papi holding down the defense at 1B, since he can't DH. Also, I will take Ichiro Suzuki over Johnny Damon in my outfield anyday. Jeter, for once, has earned his spot, though a case can always be made for Tejada, currently second in voting. But Mark Grudzielanek, in KC, is a more deserving second baseman than Cano.

No comments: