Friday, June 02, 2006

Whiskey again


So today's whiskey that I like a lot is George Dickel No. 12. This is easily one of my favorites, for several reasons. Here goes.

  1. Nothing gets a better reaction than asking a friend if they want a sip of your Dickel.
  2. It might be the smoothest American whiskey. It's certainly the smoothest one I've tried.
  3. Dickel is a Tennessee Whiskey, but unlike Jack Daniels No. 7, it's good. Unlike Gentleman Jack, I can afford to buy it regularly (under 20 bucks a bottle). Dickel No. 8 is a bit cheaper, but not quite as good- it's basically just a younger version of the 12, and is 80 proof, as opposed to the 90 proof No. 12.. It's a value judgment
  4. The bottle is pretty classy looking.
  5. It tastes great.
What's the deal with all the numbers, you ask? Not much. 12 and 8 just weren't copyrighted.

1 comment:

BC said...

Does the Dickel tickle as it goes down? (Yes, I should have kept that.)