Sunday, August 13, 2006

K and I watched "Little Miss Sunshine" the other night, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Very few movies manage to be both funny and good. I thought this one did.

My seminary buddy S and I went and hiked 11 miles along the Marin County coast today, which was a great change of pace and a nice way to spend a day. I'll miss that when I move.

I am dissappointed that I was not a Gomez fan during the last few years. My good friend K sent me an mp3 of "Revolutionary Kind" back when we were both exploiting the glories of university internet connections with pre-Napster litigation innocence. I liked the song a lot then, and for no good reason at all, never even bought an album. Now I am making up for lost time. "How We Operate" is a fine collection of pop songs by a band that can really play their instruments and harmonize. Good stuff.

The German language has permeated my brain. I now dream in German, which would be something if I spoke it fluently, or even competently. I really can only read German. As it stands now though, I say something I don't understand in my German dreams, and then people reply with more German that I don't understand. Maybe I should watch some foreign films, so I can dream in subtitles. Then again, maybe I'll just go see Talladega Nights, the cinematic equivalent of drinking a beer.

3 comments:

Miss K said...

The K to whom you are referring isn't me, is it? Because I remember sending lots of mp3s back and forth with you over AIM, but I'm pretty sure I've never heard of that band. Regardless, those were the days, weren't they?

sjl said...

Yep, that was you. Apparently you have heard of them.
Ahhh, Napster....

Miss K said...

Wow, I can't believe that I forgot an entire band. I will have to revisit that song (alas, at .99 on iTunes).

Hey, I don't think I have your email address anymore. Mine is firstnamelastname at gmail. Drop me a line.