Thursday, April 13, 2006

I just got a gift certificate to the school bookstore as a thanks for helping out with our program for prospective students last week. I used it to buy a book of commentary on Peter Singer, including Singer's rebuttal. I thought that a certain baseball conspiracy theorist in Chapel Hill might find that interesting, given the long discussion we had about Singer while consuming pizza and beer one night. Also, I used money from a religious institution to buy it... from that same institution.

It's sunny today, which is good, because Marin County is apparently going to lead California into the ocean if the rain doesn't let up for a while.

Maundy Thursday service tonight at the liberal parish in Berkeley. Easter Vigil Saturday night at the cathedral in San Francisco. Not sure where we'll go for Good Friday. On Monday, I'm brewing beer with some fellow students.

1 comment:

BC said...

Singer's rebuttal of his critics? Perish the thought. I was 3 PBRs in when this conversation began.