Monday, April 10, 2006

It was quite a weekend. Friday night, I led a small group of prospective students at my school. This is a brilliant set up, for all I have to do is show up and be completely honest about my experience here. Anyway, after I talked with them for an hour, K and I went to see Jim Gaffigan in San Francisco. He, as expected, was hilarious. I'd heard some of the material before, but his comedy is about 60% delivery anyway, so it was still quite funny.
After the show, we took advantage of the lack of traffic late at night, and explored the city a little bit, before getting on the Bay Bridge to head home.

Saturday we slept late, bummed around, and read for most of the day. We took a quick time out to hit the 5 cent sale at BevMo, which, when paired with Trader Joe's, is the best way to stock up a wine rack. Then, we helped orchestrate a surprise party for a friend here. She's a Lutheran seminarian, and is married to an Episcopal seminarian. It went over well, and we challenged the Lutheran school to a brew-off. This, my friends, is the definition of full communion.

Yesterday, K and I went into the city again, attending a Palm Sunday service at Grace Cathedral (Get the podcasts! Impress your friends!), and visiting the De Young Museum, which has an exhibit of the Arts and Crafts movement going right now. The exhibit was nice, and I enjoyed their modern art as well. We didn't make it through the whole museum, though. We returned home, had sushi with our friends who threw the suprise party on Saturday, and read the evening away.

Back to school today.

1 comment:

Miss K said...

Ooh, Palm Sunday at Grace Cathedral must have been lovely.