Sunday, March 04, 2007

A long time coming...

Carolina is better than we are.
Mike Krzyzewski said that today after the game, and for now, he's right. I've been waiting a long time to hear that. I've seen some stellar Duke teams, and will no doubt see some more, but it's good to be on the winning end for a little while.


I know there was not the intent to do that. And the game was over before that. I mean the outcome of the game, let’s put it that way. That’s unfortunate, too, that those people were in the game in that play.
Mike Krzyzewski said that today, too, about Gerald Henderson's shot to the face of Tyler Hansbrough, footage of which is at the bottom of this paragraph. To say that the shot was in some way a result of starters being in late in the game is the basketball equivalent of saying, "It was a lamentable circumstance."



Nonetheless, the Heels swept Duke for the first time in way too long, and I handed my thesis to my advisor today. Life is ok.



1 comment:

BC said...

Congratulations on thesis submission.

Duke sucks and I hope they stay that way for a couple more years.

Gerald Henderson was a prime candidate for a beating yesterday. I was hoping Tyler would get to him and Dewey Burke would let go.