Saturday, March 03, 2007

quick update (more to come)

K and I went into San Francisco to see the Chinese New Year parade tonight. That will warrant its own post once I get a little time to download the pics off the camera.

I've been making revisions to my thesis. The defense is on the 13th, and I am quite ready to have that experience behind me. I have reason to expect an approval, but it may well stipulate revisions. I can live with that.

We had a reasonably significant earthquake on Thursday night. I measured a 4.4 on the Richter scale, so no damage or injuries, but the shaking lasted about 10 seconds, and was strong enough to make one consider heading for a doorway. It's odd to see one's home shifting from side to side. K has announced that she is now done with earthquakes.

That's all for now. A more significant update, complete with images, sarcasm, and general cynicism will appear sometime around Monday, not coincidentally the day my committee gets the thesis.

No comments: