Friday, March 31, 2006

Cheese

I needed some Gorgonzola for a sauce I'm going to serve some gnocchi under tonight. This dish is one of K's favorite things that I cook, and having lounged my way through Spring Break, I thought I would make it for her.

This entry isn't about K, though. It's about cheese.

I remembered today that there is a cheese shop in my neighborhood, and I thought it would be cool to go there, and then walk down the street to the grocery store and pick up some other things.

This isn't about the grocery store, though. It's about cheese.

So the Cheeseboard Collective is, in fact, a co-op that runs a shop with an amazing selection of cheeses. I told them I wanted some Gorgonzola, and they produced three varieties for me to sample, which were each unique. Also, they have a cookbook that features a blurb on the back by Mollie Katzen, who wrote the Moosewood cookbooks, and apparently lives in my neighborhood. Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool, and will go there whenever a recipe calls for a cheese outside of the cheddar-mozarella range, or maybe if I'm passing by and want to try something cool. They had an English cheese that was rubbed with beer hops. I think I need to try that one soon.

If you're keeping score, I have now blogged about sports, whiskey, current events, and cheese.

1 comment:

BC said...

Elisabeth would have a fit in that place.