Saturday, March 11, 2006

Nothing says "Why don't you just have another gin and tonic?" like a Ron White special. Nothing.

UNC got beat for the second time by BC today. Tyler Hansbrough has now seen a big man who is better than him (Craig Smith), and I think that it can only make next year better for UNC. This also is the point at which I am required to point out that Roy Williams does not put much stock in a conference tournament, though that is not why we got beat today. We got beat because BC took our boys to school in the paint.

One of my professors and his wife are coming over for dinner tomorrow. Grad school could not be more different from undergrad at this point.

I read the cover story in the latest Harper's and I find it compelling, if not a cause for hope.

2 comments:

Miss K said...

I was sad to see Carolina lose yesterday. I really wanted another rival game. And I especially didn't want to see those Yankee carpetbaggers in the finals of the ACC tournament in their first year in the conference.

sjl said...

BC is pretty nasty. I'm glad we've got them in the conference, if we have to suffer the basketball programs of VT and Miami. That said, I'd like to send the three of them, as well as FSU, back to the Big East and SEC. I miss the home and away matchups with everyone.