Monday, March 13, 2006

If you want to see someone absolutely jack the hell out of a baseball, the shot David Ortiz just hit in the 5th inning of the D.R. / Cuba game is footage you should seek out. As John Lowenstein used to say during O's games, he hit the mud out of that one.

I just made a sandwich on a bagel with turkey, some fresh basil, and a slice of tomato, but I had some fresh mozarella left over from the other night (so is it still fresh? It was the soft kind. That's what I'm driving at). So I put a slab of it on the sandwich and ran it under the broiler. It was at that moment that it transcended mere sandwichness and became the embodiment of goodness. I should have saved it. People could have gazed at it, understood what it is to be good, and thus enlightened, gone on to live beautiful, peaceful lives. But I ate it.

3 comments:

BC said...

Check back tomorrow and you can see what happens to the embodiment of goodness at the other end of the line.

sjl said...

It was but dust, and to dust it shall return...

BC said...

You might want to see a doctor about that, chief.