Sunday, March 26, 2006

Man enough to admit when I'm wrong

I'd like to issue an apology to the SEC. You came ready to play, and you'll make up half of the Final Four, joined by no teams from the ACC or Big East. Also, neither SEC team that will be playing next weekend is Kentucky. Well done. As for the Big East, let's all just realize that they were overrated this year. The ACC underperformed as well, but let's not take anything away from the grand failure to achieve by the Big East this year.

That said, I can't stand the thought of Billy Donavan winning a title. Anyone else, I'm cool with. Particularly George Mason and LSU.

K and I bought tickets to see Jim Gaffigan in SF in a couple of weeks. That's going to be excellent. We spent today enjoying the beautiful weather here in Berkeley, walking around the Marina and checking out the Lawrence Hall of Science, which offers this view.

I'm on spring break now, which means sleeping a little more, and still reading for school. I'll temper the academic reading with some preparatory baseball reading and some cooking. It's a nice chance to catch my breath.

3 comments:

BC said...

Wow. George Mason. Unfreakin believable.
Enjoy your break.

Miss K said...

1. Spring break in grad school is a sick, sick joke.

2. Florida is one of those teams that you've got to watch out for. I think, in the future, that we'll have to watch out for their whole conference. I for one am feeling very smug, because I predicted that both Florida and UCLA would make it to the Final Four. It makes me wish that I was in a real pool involving money.

sjl said...

I can still get behind spring break. I'm gonna sleep and not be stressed for a few days. Nothing wrong with that.
Has there ever been a Final Four that was more up in the air? After watching GMU, I can absolutely see them winning two more games, especially since there is no juggernaut in the Final Four.