Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I'm watching USA - Canada in the World Baseball Classic right now. A couple of years ago, my friend Buck and I, along with our wives, went and saw the same matchup in Durham, though the teams were of inferior pedigree. That USA / Canada game was one of the poorest baseball games I've seen in terms of quality of play, though our seats were fantastic. The game on TV right now is not looking a whole lot better- I will soon be studying while watching it.

I drove my car down Lombard Street yesterday, while showing my brother some of the sights in the city. It's one-way, so you can't drive up it- they have straight streets that go up the hill. The most exciting part of it was when a motorcyclist passed me ON LOMBARD STREET. Having negotiated that section of town with my Subaru and its manual transmission, I now feel like a competent driver once again. I noticed all of the stoplights and everything.

They still do not have a suicide barrier on the Golden Gate Bridge. This bothers me, and apparently it bothers the San Francisco Chronicle as well. There's a notion out here that "what you do to yourself is your business," and while I can understand and generally endorse that, I think that the devastating effectiveness and popularity of jumping off the Golden Gate call for some action.

This is the first of what will be many posts on this blog that have nothing to do with theology.

No comments: